Tuesday 18 December 2012

Christmas: Round One

It's become a kind of informal tradition with me and my friends, over the past couple of years, to have our own little Christmas together before going home. Since we're all at university, the likeliness is we won't see each other until the New Year, so we like to have a good old knees up!

Last year, we all huddled into our little Student Halls kitchen, trying not to bash each other's knees too much as we had at the turkey and the presents...


But this year, we're almost-but-not-really grown ups, and we all gathered in my flat for the feast. My boyfriend and I had planned it for weeks, bought in the food and wrapped the presents. This was the first time that I had ever even attempted cooking a Christmas dinner, so I wouldn't be surprised if everyone was a little nervous.


Everything was from frozen, most of it was cooked at the wrong temperature, and you know what? It tasted great. We all sat with food in our laps, and while I cooled off from the heat of the kitchen, we all had a great laugh.


So I'm going to take a minute to say thank you to everyone who came and made it such a great night. Thank you for all the lovely presents, and your company was a treat.


Merry Christmas (round one)!





No comments:

Post a Comment